Western Schools is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Nursing boards in all states requiring continuing education (CE) accept courses offered by ANCC accredited providers.
Western Schools is ALSO an approved provider of CE with the following state boards:
- California Board of Registered Nursing - (provider #14367)
- California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (LVN provider #V10762 & PT provider #V10760)
- District of Columbia Board of Nursing (provider #50-2165). Western Schools submits all continuing education records to CEBROKER after successful course completion.
- Florida Board of Nursing* - (provider #50-2165). Western Schools submits all continuing education records to CEBROKER after successful course completion.
- Georgia Board of Nursing - (provider #50-2165). Western Schools submits all continuing education records to CEBROKER after successful course completion.
- Iowa Board of Nursing - Contact hours awarded by ANCC accredited providers are now accepted by the Iowa Board of Nursing
- Kentucky Board of Nursing - (provider #70029 expires December 31, 2019)
- Louisiana Board of Nursing - (provider #LSBN10)
- New York Education Dept - Infection Control Training - (provider #IC140)
- West Virginia Board of Registered Nurses - (provider #WV1996-0076RN)
As an ANCC Accredited Provider, the following organizations recognize CE offered by Western Schools:
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- AACN Certification Corporation
- Competency and Credentialing Institute
- Forensic Nursing Certification Board
- National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators
- National Certification Corporation
- Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation
- Pediatric Nursing Certification Board
* Florida Nurses - Value Packs that do not include a final exam are not approved in your state. Please be sure to select Florida in the discipline & state menu to find the Value Pack that is approved in your state.
It is the responsibility of each professional licensee to understand what his or her state licensing board requires for license renewal, as well as what that licensing board identifies as acceptable continuing education. Please contact your board for verification if you are unsure of your continuing education requirements. Should you need further assistance please contact us